Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Shame on me!!! Oh and also, YAY for me!!!

Okay so only 22 days between my last post and this one...whoopsie!
I will blame it on being busy, being sick, being lazy...ya know, the usual.

Soooooooo....who lost 10 pounds?? I did! I did!! (12.8 pounds to be precise) And now I have to make this blog public. Poop. I wasn't expecting it to actually happen when I started writing this. But it did. And even though no one knows I made that little promise to myself, I can't let myself down now can I?

This weekend, I wore something other than sweats and yoga pants, and holy heck! I got more compliments than I knew what to do with! So, I guess this little weight loss thing is actually workin!! HOT DAMN! I felt better about myself than I have in years. So with all that said, I will keep going. I am one determined bitch, and I will not back down from this challenge.

I will leave you all (whoever you all are) with a few things I've learned so far on this journey!

1. Get out of your own mind and stay off the scale. Hi, my name is Misty, and I a scale-aholic. I check it in the morning, before I go to bed, after every time I pee...it's become an obsession. And not a good one either. So I am trying to get on it only on Friday's from now on. I know that I am going to go up and down in weight,so why torture myself.

2. Life really can be mind over matter. Just today I picked up a bag of M&M's and looked at the calories. I was tempted to say screw it and put those 230 calories of delightfulness in my mouth. But I didn't. I set the package back down, and cut up some watermelon instead.

3. Sleep is important. If you don't get enough sleep and you're ass draggin', then you will cut corners. You won't work out, you will eat foods of convenience, and you will feel horrible about yourself.

4. Don't push yourself too hard. I feel so good after a workout, that I want more. But I know that if I don't pace myself, I will hurt later, and then won't want to exercise the next day. A good workout can be addicting though, and it is so hard not to push myself to the breaking point.

5. You learn as you go. You figure out what works and what doesn't. What works for you may not work for someone else and vice versa.

I am only 12 pounds in, and I still have a LOT to learn, but I feel like I can do it. That I will do it. And NOTHING is going to stop me.

No comments:

Post a Comment