Thursday, June 6, 2013

Running...horizontally





I used to watch people while they ran. Creepy? Perhaps. I was so envious. I wanted to run so badly. But I had every excuse in the book not too. I got shin splints, side stitches, my feet were too flat, I jiggled too much. Then one day I just tried it. I ran the straight stretch of the track I was walking. It was horrible. I jiggled, I couldn't breathe, my shins were on fire, but at the end of that straight stretch I was still alive. So I walked the curve, and ran the next straight. And it was horrible again. But again, I was still alive.
So I kept doing it, and now I must confess: I AM ADDICTED TO RUNNING!!!! Is it pretty? Nope. Am I graceful? Uh uh. Am I fast? Hell no!!! Do I care? Absolutely not!!! I still get shin splints, I still get side aches,  I still drool while I am trying to breath, but I just do it and have fun!! I love being alone on a run, with my headphones in, my music on as loud as it will go and not a care in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment