Monday, June 24, 2013

Relay Weekend


Let me recap my weekend for you. And by you, I mean the one person that reads my blog. You know who you are ;)

I said before that I was taking most of last week off since I knew I would be toast after Relay for Life. And boy did I make the right choice!! Walked over 18 miles and took over 29k steps!!! Um, my feet were so swollen that they were almost unrecognizable by 8 am. I was sore in places I didn't know was possible to be sore. I ate like crap, and didn't regret it at all. It was SOOOOO worth it. I had a blast.  We stopped on the track at around 12:30 am and danced for nearly an hour. Dance moves that no one has ever heard of, like, "kilting" and "yodeling." We laughed at the most ridiculous things. Things that are only funny at 3 am to delirious walkers. We were loud, and goofy, and we raised a whole heck of a lot of money all for a great cause. A cause that is very near and dear to my heart. The American Cancer Society is such an amazing organization. I will forever be a relayer. Forever!


Some of the dancers lighting the glow sticks to put in the luminaria bags representing each month of the year. 





This was about 2:30 am and my second coffee of the night. 

As you can tell, we had a great time. And I can't wait until next year!!




No comments:

Post a Comment