Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Whoopsieeeee!!! Where did I go?!?!

A lot of my friends and family already know it, but blog followers might not. I had surgery on August 1st. It was very much needed, but it couldn't have come at a worse time. Smack dab in the middle of my weight loss journey was not a convenience.

It seems as though I kind of let everything go while I was healing. Stopped posting on my blog, stopped tracking calories, stopped working out, ate like crap. It was easy to have Matt pick up something instead of trying to cook. For the first 3 weeks, I didn't come out of my room. I had a lot of pain and some serious depression set in. A lot of things were very final after the surgery and it all hit me at once. I filled my face with junk. I ate allllllllll the things!!! It took Matt telling me to snap out of it to finally come out of my room. And for a few weeks after I stayed home and didn't leave. I didn't want to go out and I was wallowing in self pity and pain. But like with everything else in my life, things turned around. I finally felt okay and started doing things again. However, counting calories and eating well wasn't a priority.

8 weeks post-op I went to a Zumba class, and I was hooked immediately. It is such a fun atmosphere. And I have fun with friends that go with. I've started back to my running/walking 5k training and starting back at square one sucks. I will get back to where I was though. I weighed myself this morning. And while I was eating like crap, I was some how able to maintain my weight. So I am excited to say that the scale moved down this morning!! I've lost 2 more pounds! I am 20 pounds away from my first goal weight. I have decided that once I get to my goal, I am setting a new goal for 10 more pounds and then I will maintain.

Onward and upward!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment